• A Touch of Honesty

    If you happened to be like me, I hate losing pens, hankerchiefs or umbrellas. It seems that a part of me has been lost as well.

    First week of December 2011, we had a breakfast meeting in Mary Grace at Serendra. It was raining so I bourght my favorite lavender umbrella. After the meeting, the sun was out and it was a beautiful day that I forgot to get my umbrella from the cafe's box. It was after 3 hours that I realized that I may never see my favorite umbrella again. You can just imagine how I felt that day!

    Two weeks after, another breakfast meeting was held at that very same cafe. With a glimmer of hope I inquired if they still happen to have my favorite lavender umbrella. Within 30 seconds, the staff smilingly handed me my lost umbrella. I was so happy... not because I have my favorite umbrella back, but because of their honesty.

     Noticeable in this cafe are life's values quotes posted on the walls.Their faith is not only a matter of quotes but of life. I was reminded that if one is honest in the small things, then they are honest in the big things. I was blessed having my lavender umbrella back. I admire honest people!

    How about your story...
          

0 comments:

Post a Comment