• I CHOOSE TO DREAM BIG!

     
    I came from a conservative background where visions and dreams are believed to be for the emotional and the hyper-faith Christians. I was bombarded with the idea that genuine Christianity must be plain and simple, black and white, nothing more, nothing less. My life was governed by “Don’t do this! Don’t do that!”  
    Though I came to know the Lord in what I refer as a “monochromatic life,” God, through His goodness and grace, opened my eyes to the truth that Christianity is a “colorful journey” with Him. That, each step, each experience, each failure and each victory, adds colorful hues to a beautiful masterpiece He has pictured in His mind even before I was created in my mother’s womb.
    But somehow along the way, life became monochromatic once more. My life was limited by the four- corners of ministry. For years, I was “faithful” to the ministry God has entrusted to me. I was “faithful” to my work.  I was “faithful” to the organization. I was “faithful” to the church. I was “faithful” to the people I serve.
    A couple of years ago, God pulled us out of the organization we were so faithful for more than 20 years. At that time, it was a painful and a devastating experience. If not for His words that said, “It is my will for you to be sanctified. I am preparing you for a new vision and mission,” we would have taken actions that we may have regretted. Praise God! He has gently explained to us that He is in control every step of the way.
    God honors our faithfulness to the task He has entrusted us, BUT we must never forget that our faithfulness must be to Him alone! God is our Creator, our Father, our Savior and our Friend! Nothing can surpass such reality! No one deserves our utmost faithfulness than Him alone!
    How many times have we been hindered by our faithfulness to our ministry because we are shortsighted by such humongous responsibilities? How many times have we been limited by our faithfulness to the organization we lead because our eyes are so focused on its vision and mission? How many times have we wasted years of service because we were so afraid to trust God and to leap in faith to experience His intended plan for our lives and ministry?
    Psalm 139: 15 – 16 “My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body. All of my days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.”
    Jeremiah 29: 11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
    Ephesians 2: 10 “We are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which He prepared.”
     IT IS TIME TO DREAM BIG!
    We need to move out of our wilderness! We need to crossover and step on the promises of God and claim it for our lives, our family and our ministry.  Let us be like Caleb and Joshua whose eyes were focused on God’s promise even when they were sent as spies to Canaan. And even though they experienced the 40 years of wandering in the wilderness and accepted the daily manna from heaven, their eyes were on the Promised Land because God said it to be. He is always faithful to Himself and His promises!
    What is God’s promise to you in the beginning of your journey with Him? What is God’s dream for you? What is His intended plan? What is His very purpose that He endowed you with such gifts, talents and skill?
    I believe God has something special and great in mind just for you!
    Therefore, let us let go of our past, dust off our pains, stepped on our failures and run forward to fulfill God’s personal agenda for us! Let us not settle for less than what God has intended it to be!
    Let us enjoy the beautiful colors of life as we fulfill God's dream for us! 
    God bless us all!
    Gabaybmf//
    
     

0 comments:

Post a Comment