• Today I Choose to Talk to than Listen to Myself!


    Have you ever listened to yourself when you woke up on the wrong side of the bed? When the day is gloomy? When we have no money? When our lives are pressured by various challenges? When we just experienced a storm? When there is friction within the family? When our burdens are heavy? When our dreams are slowly dissolving? When promises are broken? When our hope is dissipating and waiting seems to be a punishment?

    What a lonely day!

    I was going through this crisis a couple of weeks ago. Life was so slow and dull. I was doing a total recall of my past failures and blaming myself for the pains. I was reminded of those who I thought were friends who benefited so much from us but left us when we were at our lowest. I started listening to the pains of the past that slowly crept in so unnoticed. I remembered God’s promises that are still unfulfilled in our lives today plus the reality of all the financial burdens we face daily.

    I did not realize that I was slowly drowning in despondency, and if God has not intervened, unbelief would have swallowed me fully!

     “What are you doing, Beth? Why are you listening to the past and the pains wherein you can choose to declare and believe God’s Word?”

    I realized I need to confess and declare His promises. So, I did!

    Psalm 119:160 – All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

    I Chronicles 29: 11 & 12 – Everything in the heavens and the earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as being in control of everything. Riches and honor come from you alone and you are the ruler of all mankind. Your hand controls power and might and it is at your discretion that men are made great and given strength.

    Romans 8: 28 – And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

    1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

    Philippians 1: 6 – Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

    Matthew 6: 34 – Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

    In declaring and processing these verses, my heart was lifted up and I was greatly encouraged. These are just a few of the thousands of verses that I can declare to myself everyday!

    I had been a Christian for over 40 years and been serving Him in ministry for nearly 25 years now, but like any other pilgrim, when reality sets in and the storms of life hover and linger over me than expected, I see the high waves of difficulties and forget that Jesus is Lord and is in control of all of it. In fact, He is walking on top of it to reach out to me!

    So, I knelt before the Lord and asked His forgiveness for my unbelief. In my reading of the Gospels I noticed that in the miracles that occurred these words are so evident, “According to your faith, be it done unto you.”

    I need the faith to believe in God’s promises even when I am still in the valley waiting for His deliverance. My hope must not be dimmed by the circumstances but should be anchored to the very One who declared the promises. Indeed, every day is a “life of faith!”

    I have not yet reached the end of my valley and I am still walking under the cloud of darkness but I am confident that the Light is walking with me as He promised. I need not be swallowed by despondency and unbelief for my God has promised it, I believe it and that settles it!

    Psalm 119 11 – I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment